Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. Our Cardiac Cath Lab Team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. As part of HCA Healthcare, we at HealthONE® serve the metro Denver area as the largest healthcare system, with more than 11,000 employees. Our eight hospitals work together to provide a higher level of care. In addition, our system includes seven freestanding emergency departments, numerous ambulatory surgery centers, seven CareNow urgent care centers and occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, medical imaging centers and AirLife Denver, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region. Beyond the new facilities and the workforce offerings, we also provided $7.7 million to local organizations to fund a variety of programs; and, as one of the top ten corporate philanthropists in the metro area, we at HealthONE contributed more than $1.5 million to charitable organizations in 2018 through cash and in-kind donations. Cardiovascular Conditions We Treat: Our cardiologists and surgeons are some of the finest in the state, treating thousands of patients each year using the most advanced clinical research and surgical technology available. Between them, the network of physicians who make up the HealthONE Cardiovascular Care program cover every major cardiovascular specialty, including:
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Our Network of Cardiovascular Care (Full-Service Hospitals): The Medical Center of Aurora - 360 beds, Level II Trauma Center North Suburban Medical Center - 157 beds, Level II Trauma Center Presbyterian/St. Luke's - 680 beds, Level IV Trauma Center Rose Medical Center - 422 beds, Level III Trauma Center Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children (pediatric services only) - 53 beds Sky Ridge Medical Center - 284 beds, Level II Trauma Center Swedish Medical Center - 408 beds, Level I Trauma Center Cardiovascular Care You can Trust - Nationally Recognized Cardiac Care
HealthONE is currently the only healthcare system in Colorado whose acute-care hospitals all received a safety grade of “A” from the Leapfrog Group, recognizing the highest patient safety standards in the country.
As a system, HealthONE’s Door-to-Balloon time is less than 60 minutes – well below the national average – showing just how fast our ERs get heart attack patients the vital treatment they need.
Our hospitals leverage a STEMI Cath Lab Direct protocol, which fast-tracks patients to treatment and eliminates extra time spent in the emergency room.
We partner with the American College of Cardiology on their National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR), which sets national benchmarks for quality cardiovascular care and patient outcomes.
HealthONE surgery centers participate in the Society of Thoracic Surgery’s National Database, a driver of quality improvement and patient safety among cardiothoracic surgical programs.
Swedish Medical Center achieved Certification in Coronary Artery Disease and Coronary Artery Bypass Graft by The Joint Commission.
The Medical Center of Aurora, Rose Medical Center and Sky Ridge Medical Center are Accredited Chest Pain Centers through the American College of Cardiology. The Medical Center of Aurora and Rose Medical Center also hold Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation.
The Medical Center of Aurora, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center and Centennial Medical Center are accredited for echocardiography through the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. Rose Medical Center is also accredited for vascular testing.
Position Summary: The Cardiovascular Specialist (RN or RCIS) assists the Physician in performing diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures. Job Responsibilities & Job Knowledge: Meets the expectations and assumes accountability for all on-going job responsibilities. Balances unexpected tasks while performing on-going responsibilities under ordinary direction and minimal supervision. Current and proficient on job-related knowledge, skills, and industry changes. Demonstrates understanding of job relative to Hospital Operations.
1. Performs a variety of highly specialized cardiovascular procedures. This includes, but is not limited to diagnostic and interventional cardiac and peripheral procedures, surgical pacemaker/ICD implantation, and the use of all adjunctive modalities that allow us to care for our patients.
2. Continually assesses the patient’s needs and responses appropriately and in a timely manner to ensure optimal patient comfort and outcome.
3. Works with the team to meet the needs of the patient, physician, and staff during a procedure. This includes being able to perform the duties of every position (scrub, monitor, circulator) during procedure.
4. Works within our team philosophy to provide the highest level of care for our patients.
5. Has the ability to help the patient and their family understand the procedure(s) they have or will undergo by knowledgeable and appropriate communication.
6. Has the ability to perform initial trouble shooting of cardiovascular equipment when there are problems.
7. Maintains 24-hour availability when on call and is within the thirty- minute required response time.
8. Continually demonstrates accurate and timely documentation of procedural events and patient assessments.
9. Is self motivated in maintaining a high skill level through continuous educational opportunities. Responsible to attend staff meetings regularly and/or review staff meeting minutes timely if unable to attend.
10. Provides for the safety and well being of all patients.• Utilizes safe medication administration practices• Uses appropriate transfer/transport precautions• Reports and documents any unusual occurrences
Consistently, accurately, and completely performs all job responsibilities. Efficiently demonstrates cost consciousness by organizing work processes within established deadlines, and using supplies, equipment, and time according to budgetary guidelines. 1. Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements resource management strategies.
2. Organizes the use of time to finish department projects within established deadlines.
3. Accurately charges the patient for equipment and procedures performed during a case.
Consistently provides accurate and timely information while listening effectively. Using positive communication skills, shares information clearly and concisely. Proactively disseminates information to keep others informed on key issues and situations.
1. Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, families and other care providers. Has the ability to anticipate the needs of the patient, physician, co-workers during a procedure
2. Listens and responds to constructive criticism in a positive manner.
3. Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality of patient records and employee information.
4. Assesses physician/ patient/ family/ staff needs and communicates same to the Director.
Assumes accountability for proactively identifying customer problems and requests for assistance. Consistently resolves customer issues to their satisfaction.
1. Demonstrates behaviors that promote a positive first image.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of communication techniques that make all customers feel important and valued.
3. Facilitates departmental and hospital expectations for timeliness of service
4. Demonstrates knowledge or behaviors that allow responsiveness to individual customer needs
5. Demonstrates appropriate telephone etiquette.6. Exhibits HCA’s expectation for professionalism
Supports team objectives by focusing on team results, handling conflict in a positive manner, sharing information and resources, and listening effectively to team members, and assuming accountability for personal contributions.
1. Interacts and communicates with fellow employees in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
2. Displays a courteous and professional demeanor towards the interdisciplinary team and visitors.
3. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assist others.
4. Demonstrates flexibility by being able to adjust to continuous advancements in cardiovascular technology, policies, and regulations. Understands and adapts to the staffing needs of the department due to the dynamic cardiac schedule.
Actively communicates and supports the Organization’s mission and goals, and models organizational values and ethics.
1. Promotes unity in relationships by open, positive support without judgment.
2. Is compassionate in day-to-day interactions with others.
3. Promotes personal and organizational growth by accepting challenge, embracing discovery and expanding expertise.
Within job scope, assesses current processes and generates new ideas for improvement while seeking ways to maintain productivity. Supports team interdependency in quality improvement while maintaining personal accountability and impact of decisions.
1. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the departmental PI activities.
Assumes accountability for identifying problems and issues, generating solutions, and anticipating effects of decisions.
1. Approaches problems with systematic and critical thinking; considering issues from all angles.
2. Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and solving problems.
3. Participates in unit/department problem solving and improvement of systems.
4. Manages stressful situations in a professional and appropriate manner.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.