Doctors Hospital at Renaissance (DHR) is a 500+ bed physician-owned health system that offers some of the most comprehensive medical care on the U.S. Southern Border. From general acute care services and graduate medical education to individually-tailored wellness and preventative health programs, at DHR over 650 physicians and more than 1,200 nurses dedicate themselves to offering a full continuum of care in over 70 different sub-specialties. DHR was founded in 1997 to help over 1.3 million residents resolve limited health care access challenges in a community that lacked public and county hospitals. Today, we are working to forge a new integrated health care delivery model that incorporates patient navigation, electronic medical records, population-based care, graduate medical education and superior quality and efficiency to meet every patient’s health needs.
A Few Highlights
- 530-bed general acute care hospital
- Offers over 70 specialties and sub-specialties with 650 practicing physicians
- Care provider to over 285,000 patients annually
- Operates one of the largest emergency rooms in Hidalgo County with 25 ER beds and 24/7 access to on-site physicians and on-call specialists
- DHR is home to the only exclusive Women’s Hospital in South Texas and a Level III-C Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that is ranked in the Top 5%, nationally and internationally, by the Vermont-Oxford Network for Exemplary Outcomes
- Home to the highest nurse-to-patient ratio in South Texas
- Developed an unprecedented Associate Degree Nursing Dual Enrollment pilot program for high school students in the RGV
- Over the course of twelve months, established and earned accreditation for four graduate medical education programs - family medicine, general surgery, internal medicine, and obstetrics and gynecology - in collaboration with the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.