Device NP - Cardiology Clinic
University of California Davis Health System
Salary Range : NP I - $61.67 to $81.34
NP II - $64.73 to $85.42
Salary Frequency : Hourly
No. of Positions : 1
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 08 Hours
Location : Ellison Ambulatory Care Center
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : Yes
Benefits Eligible : Yes
Open Until Filled (02/09/2018)
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
UC Davis Cardiology Outpatient Services provide a full spectrum of advanced, sophisticated treatments for heart disease, including high blood pressure, coronary heart disease and congestive heart failure.
The Device Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the interrogation and troubleshooting of pacemaker/internal cardiac defibrillator (ICD)/Loop recorder devices in the office as well as downloading information from remote patient locations. This includes device evaluation, PaceArt system data entry and reporting, charting documentation, billing data generation, and triaging information to the appropriate follow-up clinician.
The Device NP may work with other complex cardiac patient who need frequent monitoring and assessment. The focus is on physical assessment, treatment and pan care, medication management, among others. Responsibilities include independent advanced level NP clinical expertise in the area of cardiovascular nursing, program development, professional practice development, research and education.
- NP II ONLY - At least 6 months paid NP experience in a similar setting.
- California Nursing License as a Nurse Practitioner.
- California Furnishing License and DEA Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Master's Degree in Nursing as required for Medicare billing or be qualified to bill for Medicare.
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Current BLS, ACLS Certification.
- CITI Certification within 3 months of hire if conducting research with human subjects.
- Recent EPS Lab or pacemaker clinic experience.
- Experience analyzing reprogramming cardiac pacemaker and AICDs.
- OR cardiac device technology certification from a recognized device training school.
- One or more years of NP experience.
- Five years recent clinical experience in care of cardiac patients.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and occasional overtime.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://apptrkr.com/1184023