Located minutes from Boulder, CO, in the charming community of Louisville, Avista Adventist Hospital is a comprehensive medical center that provides a full-range of medical specialties and exceptional health care to residents of Louisville, Broomfield and the surrounding Boulder area communities. With 114-beds, this full-service facility has been honored for excellence in cardiac, mom/baby and emergency care. It is also home to one of the area’s top joint and spine care centers specializing in hip and knee replacement, as well as spine surgery. Avista is proud to be recognized for its award-winning New Life Center, the area's most innovative birth center and large Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery. In 2013, Avista was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for Patient Experience by Women Certified® (womencertified.com) for quality physician communications, nurse/staff responsiveness, superior cleanliness and referrals by other women. With some of the lowest turnover and highest associate satisfaction scores in the industry, Avista Adventist Hospital has an excellent local reputation for its supportive culture, visionary leadership, strong team and daily living of what it means to truly care for the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 125789
Recruiter Contact: Gwyn M. Williams email@example.com
Clinic/Department: 7241 AAH Cardiac Cath Lab
Hospital: Avista Adventist Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Effectively assist physicians in performing a variety of highly specialized Cardiovascular procedures including, but not limited to, diagnostic and interventional catheterization, pacemaker/defibrillator implantation, intra-aortic balloon pump operation (IABP), and electrophysiology studies
Position Duties (Essential Functions Denoted With An * )
- Effectively assist physicians in performing a variety of highly specialized Cardiovascular procedures including, but not limited to, diagnostic and interventional catheterization, pacemaker/defibrillator implantation, intra-aortic balloon pump operation (IABP), and electrophysiology studies.*
- Evaluates and documents patient status and responds appropriately; intervenes/refers in a timely manner to ensure optimal patient outcomes.*
- Reflects clinical expertise, competence, and proficiency based on knowledge/skills and exceeds essential job responsibilities per department standards.*
- Reflects commitment to continued learning and sharing knowledge with patients and co-workers. Demonstrates “team player” characteristics. Is punctual, willing to assist others; participates in sub committees and initiates in-services.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to evaluate care outcomes driven by an underlying curiosity & desire to know more. Accepts accountability for use of evidence to monitor and improve care based on regulatory and practice standards.
- Effectively and safely uses equipment, time, personnel, and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care.*
- Adapts to changing workload, patient needs, technologies, policies, regulation, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility.*
- Maintains high skill level through participation in CQI, in services, ongoing education, and attendance at 80% of staff meetings.
- Ability to provide on-call coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facility policy.*
- A graduate of a diploma, associate or baccalaureate academic program in health science or graduate of a programmatically accredited program in invasive cardiovascular technology
Work Experience Requirements
- Experience in invasive cardiovascular technology, preferred
- Cardiac diagnostic/interventional procedural experience, preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Registered Radiologic Technologist (RRT) with post primary certification of Cardiac-Interventional Radiography through The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) within 18 months of starting this role with any Centura Health facility
- Colorado Surgical Assistant License within 6 months of hire unless performing Surgical Assistant duties within the scope of another active Colorado license, certification, or registration (required for Colorado employed staff only)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.