Full time, Days
$5,000.00 Sign On Bonus
Must live no more than 30 min. from hospital or on call responsibilities.
Previous Cardiac Cath and Electrophysiology experience highly preferred.
Reporting to a Clinical Manager or designee, the Clinical Nurse utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of patient care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient outcomes. Revises plans of care as indicated. Practices in accordance with physician orders, established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, the Illinois Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice and the ANA Code of Ethics.
1. Provides patient assessment and collection of health data involving patient, family and other health care providers. Analyzes health data to determine nursing diagnoses and expected outcomes. Collaborates with patient/family and interdisciplinary team. Develops a plan of care that identifies interventions to achieve expected outcomes. Evaluates patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes, systematically revises diagnosis, interventions and expected outcomes as needed.
2. Coordinates patient plan of care to assure interventions are consistent, safe, timely and appropriate. Assesses continuity of care and evaluates coordination of interventions by the interdisciplinary team to ensure consistency with the plan of care.
3. Communicates clearly and effectively with all customers, in person, on the phone and in writing. Communicates plan of care to patient and family regularly respecting the patient’s wishes through acknowledgment of patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal setting for optimal outcomes. Communicates patient data to physician and interdisciplinary team as indicated to achieve patient care needs. Documents patient health data, interventions and communications.
4. Individualizes patient and family teaching based on a thorough assessment to meet their specific learning needs. Assesses patient’s learning style and learning barriers and modifies teaching plan accordingly. Provides teaching on disease management strategies, emergency care and drug information when appropriate. Identifies community resources to support patient self-management of disease.
5. Participates in evaluating quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participating in quality improvement initiatives. Provides evidence based, clinically competent nursing care in a culturally sensitive manner. Bases individualized care on best current evidence, patient values and clinical experience.
6. Maintains professional knowledge in current nursing practice standards, laws and regulations. Demonstrates commitment to life-long learning through ongoing participation in education activities related to clinical knowledge and professional issues
7. Interacts with and contributes to professional development of peers, students and other health care providers as colleagues. Shares knowledge provides feedback and contributes to an environment supportive of clinical education. Assigns or delegates tasks as defined by State Practice Act according to knowledge and skills of designated caregiver. Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team using open dialogue for the provision of patient care.
8. Facilitates decisions and actions on behalf of patients in an ethical manner by maintaining patient confidentiality, acting as a patient advocate and assisting patients so they can advocate for themselves. Seeks available resources to support ethical practice, assists patient and family in becoming informed consumers about cost, risk and benefits of treatment and care.
9. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships. Acts with integrity, consistency and respect for differing views. Identifies factors that interfere with effective team functioning and contributes in a resolution. Treats each individual with compassion, respect and integrity.
NCH at a glance:
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it's our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
Annually, NCH treats an average of 24,000 inpatients and conducts:
NCH provides our patients and community with safe, high quality care - and it shows. Here are a few of the many awards and designations we've recently achieved:
Individuals with the necessary credentials are encouraged to apply online at: www.nch.org/careers