The Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist will provide professional care in the SHVI Invasive Cardiac, Pediatric and Peripheral Laboratories in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. This position provides professional care in the in the various SHVI Invasive Cardiac, Pediatric, Vascular and Electrophysiology (EP) Laboratories in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate evidence-based practice and performs care for the comfort and well-being of the patient.
- Perform and/or assist with treatments, therapies, and procedures (including scrub assistant, monitoring and circulating) under the direction of the physician.
- Administer medication under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Document a current clinical picture and records designated information in the patient record.
- Convey relevant information to physicians and teammates.
- Exhibit leadership in role as a preceptor and serves as a clinical resource for others.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED and completion of an accredited program of Cardiovascular/Cardiopulmonary technology, The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, nursing or related field required.
- Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist/Electrophysiology Specialist training or experience preferred.
- Maintains current BLS, ACLS and CCI/certification requirements.