Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
What You Are Responsible For:
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Resolves customer service issues, treating all customers with courtesy. Communicates issues to Supervisor and Team Leader.
- Proficiently performs each position for the Invasive Cardiovascular procedures on all patient age groups.
- Provides Diagnostic and Intervention Invasive Cardiovascular procedures to all patients, regardless of sex, age or race. Provides patients with efficient and courteous care.
- Proficient on the proper use and operation of the specific imaging and monitoring equipment according to the department's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all staff, patients, families, and cardiology services administration.
- Demonstrates Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance Excellence, and Teamwork.
- Annually meets all department competencies.
- Efficient utilization of department supplies and resources.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions and discontinues use before the problem leads to a more costly repair.
- Time management skills resulting in cost reduction. Works to help maintain worked hours vs daily volumes balance.
- Accountable for quality and PI improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes.
- Is familiar and complies with appropriate JCAHO standards and directives.
- Wears TLD badge daily, reviews radiation exposure reports and uses radiation restrictive devices on all examinations. Follows ALARA.
- Follows patient identification/verification process prior to performing all patient exams/procedures.
- Follows Infection Control policies. Adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade skills. Assists with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required meetings and staff development programs.
- Supervises other health care team members in a clinical setting. Supports new physicians with orientation to the department.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.