Final Filing Date: 06/25/2018
The Assistant Director of Cardiovascular (CV) Clinical Operations reports directly to the Director of the Heart & Vascular Center and is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all clinical programs within the Cardiovascular Services service line.
This individual is accountable for enhancing the performance of the Cardiovascular service line by building a cohesive team with the cardiac services divisions and establishing a positive working relationship with the medical staff sufficient to encourage volume growth, efficient patient care processes, quality clinical outcomes, and information systems necessary to support reliable outcomes reporting.
This individual has twenty four (24) hour accountability for Invasive and Noninvasive Cardiovascular Services operations for four (4) Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, two (2) Electrophysiology laboratories, one (1) hybrid operating room, one (1) ancillary cardiology procedure room, one (1) Vascular Access Lab (VAL) with a pre/post unit and a Cardiovascular Support Unit (CSU).
• Valid California RN license.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
• B.S.N. required. In addition, Master's degree in Nursing or health related field required.
• Minimum of three years current cardiovascular administrative experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in cardiovascular nursing.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the cardiovascular patient population.
• Clinical assessment, planning, and evaluation skills demonstrating a broad base of clinical knowledge and patient care expertise.
• Experience in an ambulatory service, preferably in management, in order to provide workflow recommendations and design protocols for the Heart Center.
• Proven ability to operate in a strategic/relationship building environment. Interpersonal skills to manage and nurture institutional affiliations and to interact with internal and external physicians and executives.
• Knowledge of Performance Improvement evaluation methods.
• Administrative Nursing or related experience
• Clinical Information Systems experience
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Requisition number #052526
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer