Inova Health System is hiring an experienced RN for a full-time day shift position at Inova Alexandria Hospital. The procedural RN will perform IR procedures: pre and post patient care in the ARC including monitoring, and medication management. Must be able to perform moderate sedation.
- Technical Expertise: Assists the physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the cath lab with the preparation of the sterile field, selection and preparation of instruments and supplies, manipulation of cardiac catheters, guidewires, etc. and injection of contrast media; administration of medications, including moderate sedation, as directed by the physician
- Clinical Practice and Case Management: Provides safe and therapeutic care in a holistic and caring way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skill and experiences to meet the needs of the patient.
- Teamwork: Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Quality/Best Practice: Uses standards and guidelines for cost-effective care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes.
- Professional Development: Ensures improvement in practice by assuming responsibility for self development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem solving.
On call rotation requirements(depending on staffing): every 4th weekend, and 1-2 weekdays per week. Must be able to respond within 30 minutes. Primary hours 7:30am to 4pm Monday through Friday
Sign On Bonus & Relocation Expenses
- $20,000 Sign on Bonus + $20,000 Relocation (greater than 50 miles) requires signing a 3 year employment agreement.
- $15,000 Sign on Bonus + $15,000 Relocation (greater than 50 miles) requires signing a 2 year employment agreement.
- Your Critical Care RN experience must be within the same specialty area you are hired into. Those entering fellowship programs are not eligible.