SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Inova Heart and Vascular Institute's state-of-the-art flagship location on Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is one of the most complete, technologically-advanced medical and research centers in the United States.
Inova is hiring Cardiovascular Invasive Specialists for the Cath Lab - IR department.
- Clinical Practice and Case Management-Provides safe and therapeutic care in a holistic and caring way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skill and experiences to meet the needs of the patient.
- Technical Expertise: Assists the physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the cath lab with the preparation of the sterile field, selection and preparation of instruments and supplies, manipulation of cardiac catheters, guidewires etc. and injection of contrast media. Administration of medications, including moderate sedation, as directed by the physician.
- Teamwork: Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Quality/best practice- Uses standards and guidelines for cost-effective care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes.
- Professional Development- Ensures improvement in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self development in life long learning. Must successfully complete 100% of assigned yearly clinical competencies. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem solving.
Visit http://www.inovacareers.org and search by Cardiovascular Invasive job title to view our current openings.