Providence is offering an exciting opportunity for Cath Lab Registered Nurses to be employed by the largest Cath Lab in Alaska!
This is a full-time, day shift position for our Cath Lab at Providence Alaska Medical Center. We are offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus and an applicable relocation package.
Providence Alaska Medical Center located in Anchorage invites you to grow your nursing career in a fast-paced Cath/IR & EP Lab with state of the art equipment and world class Physicians. Six labs and 1 Hybrid OR, with over 400 cases per month, you will get exposure to a variety of percutaneous procedures and be given the opportunity to learn multiple modalities. When you’re not busy in the Lab, you can step outside to be surrounded by the beautiful landscape of Alaska and engage in one of the many outdoor activities unique to this region. Join a collaborative team with an unwavering commitment to putting patient care first, and a management team that makes it all possible with their unwavering commitment to you.
In this position, you will:
• Assist physicians in performing and completing therapeutic cardiovascular procedures using a variety of specialized equipment, monitors, devices and supplies.
• Assist with pre, intra and post procedure monitoring per hospital protocol.
• Be knowledgeable in cardiac, vascular and pediatric procedural practice as well as emergency techniques/protocol.
• Be responsible for the assessment, treatment and care of patients in populations and ages as assigned.
• Prepares sterile procedure trays/set-ups while adhering to sterile techniques in all procedures.
• Intraoperative duties include scrubbing, circulating or monitoring the case, the administration of appropriate oral and intravenous medications and ensuring good patient communication for comfort/status assessment.
• Responsible for a variety of post-operative duties.
• Able to assist in troubleshooting and minor equipment repair in cath labs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
• Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within 3 years OR 20 years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska at time of hire
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at time of hire
• Certification must be from one of the following authorized governing bodies:
• American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider)
• American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider)
• Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider)
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification within 180 days of hire
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification from AHA or MTN
• Must have basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, invasive cardiovascular practices/techniques/pressures, basic EKG analysis and emergency protocols in the cardiovascular cath lab
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Current Registered Cardiovascular Interventional Specialist (RCIS) certification
• Prior experience in critical care/emergency nursing and/or two years experience in cardiovascular, interventional radiology or electrophysiology nursing
About the Cath Lab you will work in:
The caregivers (employees) in the award-winning cath lab at Providence Alaska Medical Center (PAMC) serve a wide range of patient populations and conditions -- from newborns to geriatrics; from stable outpatients to critical care patients. Services include diagnostic and interventions in cardiac, peripheral and neurovascular. There is a separate electrophysiology (EP) team, but the cath lab staff often helps the EP team to set-up, scrub or circulate. Cath lab caregivers come from a variety of educational backgrounds including radiology technology, nursing, cardiovascular technology and other allied health professionals (many are Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialists certified). However, the lab is not divided by these certifications or licensures; caregivers perform similar tasks and have the option of rotating through scrub, circulate and monitor. There is always something new in the cath lab at PAMC that requires a breadth of knowledge and flexibility regarding patient needs, equipment, techniques and the evolving medical culture. The successful caregiver in the cath lab will be able to multitask, think on their feet and adapt quickly.
About the ministry you will serve:
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center (PAMC) provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded PAMC with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
We’re also among the nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles. The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored PAMC for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 138548.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.