Assistant Department Manager - Cath Lab
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Reports to the Manager of the Invasive Procedure Lab. Responsible for the daily operation of all aspects of the Invasive
Procedure Lab. Acts as the focal point in the delivery of cost effective, high quality, comprehensive services in the Invasive
* Empowered to coordinate all aspects of the invasive procedure lab in the absence of the Departmental Manager.
* Participates in shared decision making.
* Exhibits a self-motivating attitude, work ethic and responsibility to teamwork.
* Exhibits effective communication skills. Maintains two-way flow of information to all caregivers.
* Stands out as a positive role model for Sparrow and the community.
* Maintains an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, teamwork and continual improvement of caregivers.
* Primary Focus
* Responsible for master staffing plan, including daily staffing, room assignments, call schedule, holiday call rotation and vacation requests for invasive procedure lab staff
* Creates weekly X-ray/ACT/Avox QA schedule.
* Reviews, corrects and verifies departmental payroll. Approves payroll in the absence of the departmental manager. Reports all discrepancies to the Departmental Manager or the Administrative Director of the Heart & Vascular Center.
* Monitors daily individual performance of caregivers, identifies issues, coaches and delivers disciplines as delegated appropriate by Manager. Proficient in conflict management.
* Performs annual evaluations (VIP's) on assigned caregivers.
* Fluent in departmental processes, policies and procedures. Capable in the execution of scheduling policies and makes decisions regarding competing needs of physicians, resource availability (room & staffing) and patient care needs. Is supportive of assigned Charge RN and serves as a coach of scheduling policies.
* Plans and conducts staff meetings in conjunction with or in lieu of the Departmental Manager. Reviews staff meeting minutes for accuracy and emails to caregivers.
* Ensures all equipment is maintained and operational. Able to troubleshoot various types of departmental equipment.
* Able to support patient care/procedures when needed with advanced clinical expertise.
* Collaborative Practice
* Initiates and maintains customer relationships with physicians, fellows, vendors, educators and students.
* Assists in development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the departmental operation/business plan.
* Participates in caregiver hiring, oversees orientation process and provides input to the Departmental Manager and Administrative Director of the Heart & Vascular Center regarding performance.
* Identifies the need for process improvements and assists in implementations of the changes. Actively participates or delegates to appropriate caregivers attendance of PI initiatives; D2B, VAT.
* In conjunction with the HAVC Management Team, is responsible for keeping the Heart Program on the cutting edge of all new modalities, technology, functions and equipment.
* Professional Growth
* Determines orientation and development needs of caregivers.Communicates to management team ongoing educational needs.
* Supports the development of self and other caregivers and students through mentoring, preceptorship and peer review.
* Accountable for professional development and maintaining required licensure and certifications.
* Utilizes current evidence and research in practice
General Requirements * State of MI RN license
* Active Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* Active Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
Work Experience * Minimum of 2 years of invasive procedure lab experience; ie cath lab, ep lab, special procedures or interventional radiology.
* Previous management experience
Education * Bachelor Degree in Nursing
* Masters Degree in Nursing or Leadership preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills * Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of self-motivation, flexibility and initiative.
* Proficient computer skills essential.
* Proficient in advanced EKG and hemodynamic interpretation.
* Proficient in all procedures done in the invasive procedure lab.
* Ability to maintain equipment and resolve minor mechanical/IT problems.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/67870042.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: