Registered Nurse II (RN) - Cath Lab
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital is seeking an experienced RN to work full time in the Cath Lab. At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) IIB position is a licensed staff nurse, experienced clinician, and functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner's model of clinical practice.
- Provides professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducts nursing assessments, assists with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
- Position provides direct patient care effectively and efficiently which may include patients with varied and complex needs. This position communicates and collaborates with the physicians and interprofessional health care team to facilitate, coordinate and maintain compassionate, efficient, quality care and achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- Assumes leadership roles with progressive responsibility including but not limited to participating in or leading unit and shared governance initiatives, serving as charge nurse or preceptor to students or new employees, and possibly contributing to service line or hospital-wide initiatives in partnership with management.
- Bachelor of Science or higher from an accredited School of Nursing
- Eighteen months of RN experience in a healthcare environment
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)-recognized certification in applicable specialty area preferred
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Strong assessment, organizational and problem solving skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components
- Ability to function independently and exercise judgment in interactions with physicians, interprofessional care team and patients and their families
- Uses critical thinking skills and clinical judgment to work autonomously as defined by the Nurse Practice Act
- Demonstrates proficient time management skills
- Maintains level of professional contributions as defined in Clinical Career Path program guide
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products including Outlook
For further information and to apply, please visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.