Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist II
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land, TX
The Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist II is an experienced, fully competent technologist with specialized training and knowledge of cardiovascular procedures directly related to the Cardiac Catherization Laboratory. S/he is responsible for assisting physicians with highly specialized and complex interventional and therapeutic radiologic procedures including but not limited to: peripheral and coronary angioplasty, stents, rotablators, artherectomy, laser, and coronary ultrasound; electrophysiology procedures including ablations and device implantation.
- Actively participates and scrubs into Cath Lab cases to assist with the movement and alignment of equipment as well as the control of radiation throughout procedures.
- Serves as a mentor to Cath Lab Rad Tech Is, Cath Lab RNs and students by utilizing skills and knowledge to help train and educate others.
- Works independently exercising sound judgment and executing above average clinical skills on challenging diagnostic procedures and patient care situations.
- Delivers exceptional patient care and adheres to radiation standards and guidelines established by radiology agencies to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service.
- Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential indicated below
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist; may consider Houston Methodist Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist with at least two years of Cath Lab experience, of which at least one has been with HM
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT (R)) required
- Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-GC)
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through ongoing skills and competency assessments
- Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital/ Radiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
- Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including organizing work flow and actively participating in problem-solving
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Availability to be on call
For further information and to apply, please visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.