North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida — North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women's health and wound therapy, among other services.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
Position Summary: Serves in the capacity of the cardiovascular tech; assisting inpatient care through procedures. Additionally is directly involved in assisting with EP procedures and the development of protocols. Cross trains cath lab staff to EP procedures to achieve a level of comfort in working with the new procedures and meet developed competencies that are developed.
- Regulates the equipment used to archive X-ray images.
- Responsible for recognizing all pressure forms and hemodynamic parameters recorded.
- Utilizes supplies and equipment with efficiency.
- Asses the physiological and psychological needs of each patient that is admitted to the CVL holding area.
- Documents all appropriate information in complete, concise, neat, and accurate manner.
- Responsible for acting as a preceptor.
- Shows evidence of preparedness for specific invasive procedures.
- Confirms current supplies prior to opening to prevent waste.
- Aware of the patient's allergies prior to the selection of local anesthesia, prep, and contrast agent.
- Drapes patient appropriately maintaining sterility of entry site and field.
- Adheres to radiation protection measures reflected by low badge readings.
- Informs the patient prior to draping or any patient contact.
- Effectively achieves hemostasis causing minimum discomfort and bleeding.
- Notifies the nursing floor of transport prior to leaving CVL. Signs patient in and out from floors per hospital policy.
- Accurately relays all pertinent patient and case information to the receiving nurse.
- Operates equipment while performing a variety of procedures.
- Responds to call back within 30 minutes
Education Required: Technical training from CVT Program
Experience Required: 1 year of related experience
Licensure/Certification: BLS and ACLS certified through the American Heart Association RCES and/or IBHRE eligible
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus