Beebe Healthcare in Lewes, DE - Creating the Next Generation of Care
*** Please note Beebe Healthcare Main Campus is located in Lewes, DE with other locations within a 22 mile radius ***
Assists the Cardiologist with cardiac catheterization, Swan Ganz, pacemaker, TEE/CV, IABP, Percutaneous Coronary Interventional procedures and other minor procedures requiring moderate sedation administration. Operates and maintains associated equipment within the cardiac catheterization laboratory. Renders patient care, utilizing past radiological, cardiovascular and technical education and experience in accordance with their Delaware licensing or certification. Work requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide direct patient care appropriate to full spectrum of patient population. In order to be considered for the position, please visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org to fill out an application.
- Must complete Point of Care Testing training as part of Department Orientation.
- Demonstrate a complete working knowledge of all equipment within the department.
- Maintains a knowledge of sterile supplies and techniques utilized for procedures in the area of responsibility.
- Assists physician with scrub duties utilizing sterile technique to prevent cross-contamination, set-up trays and prepare and position patient.
- Assists physician in circulator role by positioning the patient to obtain digital films and by giving medications / contrast (if tech/RN certified) under MD supervision in accordance with departmental policy.
- Assists physician in the recorder/monitor role documenting the case, balancing calibration and operating physiologic recorder and calculates and reports patient information from data gathered in the cardiac cath lab.
- Reviews patient chart for appropriate information such as indicators which may indicate risk to the patient, maintains the holding area and assists in transporting patients.
- Provides radiation protection to patient, staff and self according to prescribed safety standards.
- Maintains controlled drug inventory according to prescribed controlled drug policy.
- Assures that the crash cart and drug box are accurately supplied and dated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and can initiate code procedures or administer first aid or CPR as needed.
- Prepare and administer contrast media or medications under supervision of the Cardiologist.
- Assists in maintaining inventory and ordering supplies.
- Actively participates in product evaluation to determine best and most cost effective product.
- Notifies coordinator when supplies are low.
- Maintains daily work log and participates in the follow-up on patients.
- Rotates in an on-call status.
- Actively participates in performance improvement process to include evaluating, reporting and follow-up recommendations.
Credentials - Essential:
- ARRT-CV - Cardiovascular-Interventional Radiography
- BLS - Basic Life Saving certification
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Competencies and Skills - Essential:
- Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
- Able To Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
- Able To Withstand Crisis Situations
- Has Skills To Provides Customer Service To Patients, Team Members And Visitors
- Knowledge And Experience With Electronic Health Records
Education - Essential:
- Associates Degree
- Cardiovascular Technology
Education equivalent experience - Essential:
- OR CARDIOPULMONARY OR RADIOLOGIC
Our employees play a pivotal role in our continued success. Attracting and retaining the best healthcare professionals is Beebe Healthcare's top priority. We offer an excellent patient-focused environment, exciting career opportunities, and leading-edge technology with supportive, progressive leadership. Joining Beebe Healthcare means joining an exciting healthcare team that is deeply committed to the community. Join us to take advantage of our excellent benefits and compensation package.
424 Savannah Road, Lewes, DE 19958