$15,000 Experienced RN Sign On Bonus!
Cape Fear Valley Health System
Location: 1320 Medical Drive, Fayetteville, NC
Cape Fear Valley Health is seeking experienced RNs to fill our Cardiac Cath Lab, EP Lab, as well as Interventional Radiology positions.
Cardiac Catherization/Electrophysiology/IR Staff RN performs patient care and monitoring of patients undergoing invasive diagnostic and interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and radiology procedures. He/she is responsible for the operation and quality assurance of equipment needed for the procedure and for patient safety, patient monitoring during the procedure.
Major Job Functions:
- Provides and insures quality care for patients as indicated by their clinical condition. Meets the human needs of high-risk cardiac, electrophysiology, and radiology patients by explaining, educating, and reassuring the patients throughout the procedures.
- Fully competent to perform all procedures within the Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, and Special Procedures section of invasive diagnostic and interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and radiology procedures. Responsible for maintaining professional growth to include current methodology of procedures, equipment and techniques.
- Assesses the patient, reviews chart for orders and lab results. Communicates with the Interventionalist as to pertinent information as a result of review of this information that will impact patient care during the procedure.
- Prepares patient for procedure. Answers questions within scope of practice. Directs other questions to Interventionalist.
- Performs in the sedation monitoring and/or circulator role, may cross train to monitor/documenter role. May initiate, maintain and record information regarding critical vasoactive medications as part of the procedure.
- Assists with left and right heart catheterizations, TAVR, cardiac device implantation procedures (PM, ICD, AICD, BiV), interventional radiology procedures, and EP studies as well as ventricular and atrial fibrillation ablations.
- Performs in the monitor role by observing and documenting hemodynamic, EKG, and pressure waveforms. Records information related to equipment use, procedural occurrences, and complications that occur during the case. Ensures that time-outs occur prior to beginning procedures.
- May provide pre-procedural and post-procedural care to patients in the CVRU/Holding Bay.
- Serves as a liaison between the floor nurse and the cardiac cath/electrophysiology lab personnel by reporting the patient follow-up care post cath orders and any procedural complications.
- Assists in emergencies by initiating and/or assisting in procedures described by hospital policy including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation of life threatening arrhythmias and maintaining proper documentation of emergencies, monitoring an intubated patient on a ventilator in collaboration with Repiratory Therapy..
- Provides a safe environment to include but not limited to radiation exposure, contrast administration, and infection control guidelines/Universal Precautions for the Cath Lab, EP Lab, and the Health System.
- Maintains information pertaining to hospital performance improvement programs. Participates in the ongoing cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology labs quality control program, Point of care testing maintainance, documentation audits, preventive maintenance, and performance improvement programs.
- Serves as lead worker after proficiency in skill assessment documented. Serves as preceptor for new employee orientation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development of the younger to older adult; understands the range of treatment based on the patient’s developmental needs.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by NCBON or compact licensure state
- Current ACLS, BCLS certification
- Cath Lab or Interventional Radiology experience required.
- Experience with electrophysiology, and radiology procedures as well as invasive procedure pre and post procedure care highly desired.
- Will consider ICU and/or ED experience
Apply online at: www.capefearvalley.com/careers