Interventional Radiography Registered Nurse
A dedicated Registered Nurse with minimum two years of experience in IR – Cath lab setting to assist with the preop evaluation, intra-operative sedation/monitoring, and post-operative recovery of the patients and inventory as required. Our procedures include lower extremity revascularization, dialysis access treatment, kyphoplasty, IVC filter removal, uterine fibroid embolization, and various arterial and venous stenting/angioplasty. Duties would include doing patient intake, putting in IV's, giving moderate sedation during procedures, and recovering patients utilizing center’s information system. ACLS is REQUIRED as is experience in either an ICU, stepdown, recovery room or IR/Cath lab setting.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also, nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Establishes patient care priorities based on essential patient needs and availability of unit resources (time, personnel, equipment, and supplies).
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them. Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates in department Performance Improvement activities and in nursing research activities as requested. Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying information.
- Ability to lift about 50 lbs. as needed due to patient care.
- Two or more years of experience as an IR-Cath lab Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a hospital.
- Minimum of one-year ICU, OR, ER, IR, recovery room, or Cath lab setting.
· Registered Nurse Associate degree, Or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
· Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program
- Training in interventional radiology nursing care.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for health care providers.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification