$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
NCH Healthcare System in Naples, Florida, has an immediate opportunity for a full-time (8 AM – 5 PM) Cardiac Device Technician to join our experienced team. You will provide thorough, competent interrogations and reprogramming of cardiac devices implanted in patients, including but not limited to pacemakers, implantable loop recorders and implantable cardiac defibrillators.
In this role, you will:
- Perform device interrogation on critical devices and troubleshoot issues and immediately take steps to resolve problems, working with physician as needed.
- Perform checks in the office as well as remotely monitored patients.
- Educate patients and families on the device regarding what to expect with a device, follow-up care, monitoring, what to do in an emergency, and expectations of the Device Clinic.
- Perform initial interrogations, report generation and documentation in the EMR.
- Bring acute/urgent issues to the attention of physicians and/or APPs.
- Input charges into billing software.
- Work with other Cardiac Device Technicians to ensure alert thresholds and protocols remain current in the Device Clinic(s).
- Communicate with other members of the healthcare team, including physicians, co-workers, and managers as the condition of the patient changes or the device changes.
- Assess post-operative wounds, including performing suture/staple removal. Educate patients and families on postoperative wound care, safety issues with their cardiac device, including high voltage therapies.
- Schedule follow-up appointments for in-office and remote monitoring device checks for the patients.
To be considered, ideal candidates should have:
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with checking devices in the industry, such as Biotronics, St. Jude Medical, Boston Scientific, Medtronics, Sorin, etc.
- One (1) year of experience with managing remote device transmissions and remote monitoring downloading of data and transferring to the EMR from Biotronics, CareLink, Latitude, and Merlin Systems.
- An associate degree or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) preferred.