Cardiac Catheterization Technologist
Brooklyn, NY * Full Time
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. As one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country, our main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients throughout New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island, located in Southern Brooklyn, accommodates more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
- Assist Interventional Cardiologists and Cardiologists with Cardiac Catheterization, Endovascular procedures, and all other diagnostic and interventional procedures and non-invasive test/procedures.
- Prepare and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by the physician, including properly positioning the patient on the examining table.
- Demonstrate expertise in CV Tech technical skills, knowledge of catheters, equipment and supplies.
- Sets-up for cases, calibrates, troubleshoots, assembles, maintains and cleans lab machines and patient monitoring equipment, according to manufacturer instructions and infection control requirements; promptly removes/reports broken, malfunctioning or missing supplies/equipment, or the need for special equipment and/or replenishment of supplies to appropriate personnel.
- Support the diagnosing and treating of cardiac and endovascular ailments by assisting physicians with diagnostic, interventional and vascular procedures, sets up sterile field, scrubbing, circulation and patient monitoring.
- Ensure that all diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization labs and areas have the necessary monitors, equipment and supplies prior to cases, procedures etc.
- ARRT Certification or RCIS Certification
- ARRT Registration in Cardiac Interventional Radiography preferred, but not required
- BLS Certification required
- ACLS Certification and experience as an Invasive Cardiology Laboratory Procedure Technologist preferred
This is an 1199 SEIU Union opportunity with paid call coverage. Competitive salary!
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Katherine Sharpe, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at SharpeK@pagny.org, or apply online at:
Physician Affiliate Group of New York, P.C.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V