UC Davis Medical Center
Salary Range: $49.30 - $63.79 Hourly
Final Filing Date: 9/14/2021
The Electrophysiology Lab is a specialized invasive procedure suite where cardiac electrophysiology procedures are performed on patients from neonate through geriatrics. The Electrophysiology technician is an integral part the EP team and is responsible for operating the technical equipment used during complex EP procedures. A strong knowledge base that includes experience in a Cardiovascular Lab setting, operation of Mac Lab, endocardial mapping equipment including but not limited to Biosense Webster and Carto, as well as experience with assisting the physician in the scrub role for pacemaker and ICD implant procedures is required. Technical duties include pre/post procedure preparation, operation of EP monitors and computers, maintains inventory control, and assists in maintaining a safe work environment
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Job ID #22602
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position
• Perform all roles of the EP Scrub Tech.
• Knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and electrophysiology.
• Judgment skills to be able to make independent clinical decisions within scope of practice.
• Working knowledge of EP systems equipment.
• Knowledge and recognition of pressure waveforms and ECG analysis.
• Knowledge of laboratory supplies and their location.
• Teach safety practices and equipment operational practices.
• Provide pre- and post-EP teaching explanations of procedures and emotional support to patients and families.
• Participate in implementing standards of patient care.
• Participate in establishing policies and procedures; participate in on-going CQI program.
• Provide orientation and instruction to new EP lab staff; provide teaching to cardiology fellows, nursing students and visitors.
• Understand and utilize the organization structure to benefit of the cath lab and the hospital.
• Electrophysiology technologist experience preferred
• Must be able to be work overtime and occasional weekends as necessary
• Must be able to wear lead apron (25 lbs.) for several hours/day
• Must have strength enough to assist in lifting or transferring patients
• Must see well enough to read monitors from 10 feet away
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.