UC Davis Medical Center
Clinical Nurse (RN)- Cardiac Cath Lab
Salary Range: $63.08-84.88 Hourly
Final Filing Date: 5/25/2022
eeeeurses in the Cardiac Catherization Lab/OR45 department at UC Davis Medical Center provide care to adult and pediatric patients with a variety of medical (medical surgical, critical care, emergent, perioperative) needs. Patient conditions include: adult and pediatric diagnostic, interventional, and peripheral vascular procedures. This position reports to Assistant Nurse Manager of OR 45 and/or the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. The Invasive Cardiovascular Labs (OR 45 & Cardiac Cath Lab) perform a full range of adult and pediatric diagnostic, interventional and peripheral vascular procedures.
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
Registered Nurses in the Cardiac Catherization Lab/OR45 department at UC Davis Medical Center provide care to adult and pediatric patients with a variety of medical (medical surgical, critical care, emergent, perioperative) needs. Patient conditions include: adult and pediatric diagnostic, interventional, and peripheral vascular procedures.
This position reports to Assistant Nurse Manager of OR 45 and/or the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. The Invasive Cardiovascular Labs (OR 45 & Cardiac Cath Lab) perform a full range of adult and pediatric diagnostic, interventional and peripheral vascular procedures. Incumbent must be able to work overtime and on-call shifts as well as wear radiation protection apparel weighing up to 25 lbs. for extended periods of time. Ability to report to work within 30 minutes while in on-call status.
Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies knowledge, experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Job ID# 30955
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
• At least 2 years of recent Primary Cardiac Catheterization Lab RN experience
• Moderate Sedation and Sheath Pull Experience
• ACLS Certification
• PALS certification required within 3 months of hire
• BLS/CPR certification
• Moderate Sedation Certificate & Sheath Pull Certification required or obtained within 3 months of hire
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
• Possession of a current California RN license.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
• Commitment to excellence in patient care.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
• Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
• Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
• Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
• Basic computer skills.
• At least 2 years of recent RN experience in an ICU unit
• Surgical Scrub experience
• Experience in Procedural Sedation or Procedural area
• References reflect an overall meets or exceeds.
• Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends and holidays.
• Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients, and stand on feet over extended periods.
• Demonstrates technical proficiency as a scrub and circulating nurse in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols including procedures performed both in Cardiac Catherization Laboratory and OR 45 the Hybrid Operating Suite
• Must have demonstrated ability to make independent clinical decisions in patient care setting
• Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads
• Ability to function under pressure and respond with flexibility to ever changing priorities
• Ability to report to work within 30 minutes while in on-call status
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.