Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health’s varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
Diagnostic Imaging at Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix is busy, fast paced, and gives you the opportunity to do what you do best: Providing excellent care for patients. Technologists here use state of the art digital imaging equipment to perform over 350 exams per day. You will have the opportunity to scrub, x-ray, monitor, circulate and perform programmed stimulation protocols while assisting physicians during ablation procedures. Apply today, if you are a highly motivated individual that is interested in working with high acuity patients, complex arrhythmias, and has the desire to grow with an Electrophysiology program that is on the Rise. Prior EP, Cath Lab or IR experience is highly preferred.
Banner University takes pride in your professional growth. Our Cath Lab uses a 3-tiered model career path to aid in your professional growth and development of growing as a special procedure technologists.
Cardiovascular Special Procedures Technologist
Cardiovascular Senior Special Procedures Technologist
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position;
Enjoy 4 10-hour shifts; 6:30A-5P
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
This position performs prescribed specialized radiographic procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
1. Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers’ orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
Requires national certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required if applicable within 18 months of hire (and/or equivalent clinical experience for Cath Lab only). BLS certification.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.