***$15,000 Sign-On Bonus***
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix named to list of 100 Great Hospitals in America. We are proud to be a Magnet facility, Academic Medical Center, Level 1 Trauma Center and Designated Stroke Center. As an Cardiac Cath Registered Nurse, you will have the opportunity to participate in our Clinical Ladder Program.
As our Special Procedure Technologist, you will learn from very experienced, advanced registry certified SPT’s as well as a Team of physicians who will rely on you to add to their procedure with your knowledge and skills. Our SPT’s either Pan at the end of the procedural table or Scrub-assist procedures. Our procedures encompass Cardiac catheterization and multi Interventions, Device Implants, Electrophysiology, Watchman and Cardiomems. We also send a team to work in the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) program to assist in the Hybrid Surgical Suite. If you’re looking to join a Multifaceted, challenging, educational, rewarding team, then we would like to review your application.
Banner University takes pride in your professional growth. Our Cath Lab uses a 3-tiered model career path to aid in your professional growth and development of growing as a special procedure technologists.
We are Open to New Grad Radiology Technologist RT who are interested in learning in a Cardiology environment . 4 10-hour shifts from 7am-5:30pm, Monday - Friday
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
This position performs prescribed specialized radiographic procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
1. Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers’ orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
Requires national certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required if applicable within 18 months of hire (and/or equivalent clinical experience for Cath Lab only). BLS certification.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.